Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Bruno Mars - When I Was Your Man

Listen to the song and try the exercises again:




FILL IN THE GAPS IN THE SONG WITH THE WORDS YOU HEAR:

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now
Our song on the radio but it don't sound ………………………
When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down
'Cause my …………………….. a little when I hear your name

It all just sounds like oooooh…
Mmm, too young, too dumb to …………………
That I should've bought you flowers
And held …………………………….
Should've gave you all my hours
When I had the ………………………
Take you to every party
'Cause all you …………………………. was dance
Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man

My pride, my ego, my needs, and my ………………………
Caused a good strong woman like you to walk out of my life
Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made, ohh…
And it haunts me every time I ………………………

It all just sounds like oooooh…
….

Although it …………………
I'll be the first to say that I …………………….
Oh, I know I'm probably much too late
To try and apologize for my ………………………….
But I just want you to know

I hope he buys you flowers
I hope he holds …………………….
Give you all his hours
When he has the ………………………
Take you to every party
'Cause I remember how much you loved to dance
Do all the things I ………………………………
When I was your man
Do all the things I ……………………………….
When I was your man

Match the words and expressions from the song with their meaning:

Tear me down
Leave, depart
Dumb
Feeling that you are more important or better than other people
Walk out
Devastate, destroy
Haunt
Make things right
Pride
Stupid
Clean up the mess
Come to your mind often

  • Find 3 grammar mistakes in the song.
  • What does the man regret?

E.g: He wishes he had bought her flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment